Saturday, April 2, 2011

I watched you change

I watched you change
4-2-2011
Isp. by Change (in the house of flies)

I watched you change
From the metal seeking
To a seeker reeking
O that I were fluid
O that I were truant

The cracks that line my folds
Are screaming of malign utility
Tear and rip me until I am but bearings
Tear and rip me until no longer cognizant
Cannot forget the sacred link

Cannot lose all the spent ink
Forgotten to organize neatly
All the words that pluck completely
Cleanly from the pore
Screaming, yelling for more

Was madness a collapse enough,
Expectations (or lack thereof)
Spinning while eye gazing
Hurling insides while lazing
Defeated by premature praising

O that I weren’t a man
Wisdom could just pour out of my hand
They wouldn’t have to know
And I wouldn’t have to show
Spending time with a good guy

Lookin’ on, walkin’ by

James P. McCabe
(McChange (in the house of flies))

No comments:

Post a Comment