Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spill and Drop Cup

Spill and Drop Cup
4-18-2011

Spill and drop cup
Both common
Occurrence arriving
Spiel diving
Hunched for the storm

Place yourself
In a state of openness
Complete vulnerability
Dragons become chameleons;
I am a dagger in an alley
~
What you want
Where you want it
The veil mistakes itself for straw
Hay thinks up rot, gnaws
Gone for the moment, wings spread (caw)

In the burlap with dusty mold-
er’s hands shaping me up, ascending
into a clay prototype, the body chiseled
out of earth and a man is his worth
not by the numbers, but by his growth

I am the entertainment show and am not present sorry
for the delay but I cannot show up today, maybe a way
will find its path in the trekker’s swath or in another’s grasp
whether they be on the map or lost inside of mask
unveil; hidden or forbidden from the on-the-go lookers

I am a spirit
I am a flask
Pour me onto the ground
Watch me gasp and with final words, rasp -
“I am drunk but I never empty”

James P. McCabe

No comments:

Post a Comment